- I get to read books all day since not too many people care about art in Boise (unless it deals with BSU football...go broncos)
- The people that do visit are usually older, out-of-towners, and are fascinated by this little gem Boise, Idaho and ask questions like "So, should we visit Meridian?" (This is probably only funny if you live here)
- I sit next to this huge window by the park which makes me even more excited for autumn because I'll get to see all the leaves change.
- Old ladies offer me homemade gingersnaps (and if you know me you know how much I LOVE cookies)
- I have a box of freshly sharpened pencils within arm's length at all times (and if you know me even better you know I love sharpened pencils almost more than cookies)
- Did I mention I get to read books ALL DAY?
One of our featured artists right now (whose work I've fallen in love with): Devorah Sperber. Check her out; her stuff is so overwhelming in person and kind of makes me mad I didn't think of it first.
She takes images of famous paintings and makes them super-pixelated. Then she takes all different colored spools of thread to represent each pixel and strings them on aluminum strands to hang from the ceiling making a larger-than-life, upside-down image fo the painting with each spool corresponding to each pixel. Then she puts a lens on a stand in front of the massive spool masterpiece and suddenly you have a mini image of the painting right side up. Clever.
It's super hard to explain so you should probably just look.